Keylong Sarchu & entering Ladakh

This is my fourth day of travel & I am excited about viewing some of the most exotic looking landscapes on earth. I leave Keylong at 4.30 am in the morning & this is the first glint of dawn. It is a rigorous and challenging but that much more exciting 12 hour drive to reach my destination Leh via some of the most amazing landscape you can imagine. Altitude of the 3  passes that I cross today are  Baralacha La 4892 msl; Lachulung La 5065 msl  and the 2nd highest Motorable pass in the world - Tanglang La 5360 msl ( multiply by 3.3 to get the equivalent in feet)

some views of the drive


As the van reaches Sarchu (4253msl) the last post on the Himachal border, there is a drastic change in the landscape. After Sarchu, I cross the border into the state of Jammu & Kashmir & this is the Ladakh region


The campsite at Sarchu

Red-billed Choughs in plenty in the area

Instead of Keylong, you may also opt to stay at this campsite at Sarchu - will make your second day journey that much shorter


A much needed halt!

No comments:

Post a Comment